Saturday, January 21, 2012

Adventures in Stamping Week 3 - Stars


So, this week's theme was stars. I didn't have that many choices. So I decided to use a Salon Express plate for the first time. This is SE22. It's actually a full design, but it looked to small so I attempted to use it as a tip design. FAIL. Many reasons behind this fail. My base is Essence Where is the Party? Layered with all 5 Finger Paints Special Effects (Twisted, Asylum, Flecked, Motley, and Flashy) and then topped with China Glaze Matte Magic. I then used Konad special black to stamp the stars. Well, I don't think those many, many layers were completely dry. Stamped my thumb and lost the whole thing! All my polish just slipped off. So I waited and waited, and waited and waited. Tried my other nails and they were all smooshy too! This one nail was the only survivor! I also used China Glaze Matte Magic over the stamp to make it match the base.

7 comments:

  1. It's a pity the rest didn't make it ;( but it looks great :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very pretty, fail or not, I love the way the sparkles show through the stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it... I want to see your other 3 fingers *giggles* you did a good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually put a thin layer of a fast dry top coat over my polish before stamping. Usually Out The Door, I find this help stop smooshing and evens out the nail for an even stamp. Then I top it with Seche Vite.

    I LOVE how this came out even if it messed up, I'd love to try something similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very pretty! too bad they all didnt make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did here=very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting! I want to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.