Saturday, January 21, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 21, Inspired by a Color


Inspired by a color? This was a tough challenge for two reasons: one, because I have a migraine and two, because it seems so deceptively easy! Kinda picture heavy (but not so much wordy!)

But I chose Essence Where is the Party? It is a gorgeous duochrome. This went on wonderfully! I did two coats.  The picture above shows the lovely purple of it.


This is the green of the duochrome (under artificial light). Amazing huh! Such a pretty polish!


Duochromes are really hard to capture on camera, but I thought this picture was an excellent representation of the polish! Look at the purple and the green!


Now for the inspiration........the Essence color is called Where is the Party? Well, when you add all five Finger Paints Special Effects (Twisted, Asylum, Motley, Flecked, and Flashy) you get a party on your hands!!!! Oh yeah! Party time! So pretty!


Closeup!!! Look at the colors of flakie goodness! Love it!
 

And for kicks and giggles I used China Glaze Matte Magic to matte the crap out of it! Still gorgeous!

What do you think? Do you like when glitter and flakies are matte? I think they totally change the quality, it's like a whole new look!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies with Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails

1 comment:

  1. I get migraines too and they suck!!! But I am loving your flakie fest! I have all of these too and need to try this overload look!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.