Thursday, January 26, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 27, Inspired by Artwork


Today's mani is inspired by an Artwork. Art! I love art! I took quite a few art history classes at school. And my most favorite? The Italian Renaissance. Just wonderful! So I decided to do a painting from the Italian Renaissance time period. My painting that I chose is by Fra Angelico and it called "The Annunciation". It was painted in 1438-1445.


I have always loved the angels wings. So I decided to let them inspire me!


My base color is Orly Nite Owl. For the "wings" I used a mixture of Color Club French Tip, Ulta A Tail of Two Cities and Sally Hansen Time to Shine. This mixture made the orange-flesh like color. I then used French Tip for the white, Essie Sew Psyched, and p2 Forever. The dots, and yes there are dots of colors on the angel's wings when you enlarge the picture, are A Tale of Two Cities, Sew Psyched, and Ulta Blue for You.

It didn't turn out exactly how I imagined, but does it ever? :)


A little further away shot to show that the dots aren't as big as they seem! :)

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their art with Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails