Thursday, January 19, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 19, Galaxies


Captain's log, Stardate 01192012. We've enter into a challenge like none other in the universe, they call it the 31 Day Challenge. It is a common occurrance among the lifeforms here who are peculiar and groom their nails into creative designs and artworks. Ok, ok, I'll stop. Except let me add one more thing, set you faces (get it phasers) to stunned as you glance upon my works of art! :)



I know you what you are thinking, haven't I seen this picture before? Nope. I promise, this is a new picture, but it is Orly Androgynie again. When I used it for my Glitter Mani I noticed it had a gorgeous galaxy-like quality. So I decided to use this as my base for my galaxy nails! Emma, from Manicurity mentioned that she was going to use it too! :) Let the stunned faces commence.......


Ta-daa! My galaxy nails! I have to admit I was a bit nervous doing these because I had never attempted them before. But they are super easy and so striking! I'm a little in love with mine! This is my first time doing them and they turned out perfect! I used China Glaze Electric Pineapple as the base of the nebula (?). I sponged it on. Over that I added Essie Your Hut or Mine, also sponged on. I then took Ulta Blue for You and sponged it on the edges of my nebula to fade it in the base. I used Color Club French Tip as my bigger stars and Orly Prisma Gloss Silver as my stars by the thousands.

What do you think? Have you done galaxy nails yet? If you haven't, you need to! So much fun! And now......more pictures!




This last picture is taken under artificial light. I love them! I don't want to take it off to do water marble tomorrow!

Don't forget to check out the other galaxies we will boldly go forth and witness with Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails

11 comments:

  1. Finally, a use for Orly Androgynie! I keep looking at my bottle trying to figure out what to do with it. :) Love your galaxy! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wear Androgynie on its own too, I think it is so pretty!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea. Yet another design I NEED to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try them. They are rather simple, but don't look it! :)

      Delete
  3. You did so well!! They're adorable! I'm totally intimidated by galaxy nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was intimidated too, but they are so easy!

      Delete
  4. this is fabulous - honestly one of the best Galaxy manis i've seen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much! That means a lot to me coming from you! :)

      Delete
  5. These are great and I haven't done mine yet! How can I ever live up to your's now?!?! But really, these are awesome - love the itty bitty sparklies all over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! This is my favorite theme you gals have done, so far, which is saying a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.