Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adventures in Stamping Week 2 - Under the Sea


Why did I help choose this theme! This one was tough for me. I have a few plates with under the sea themed stamps, but nothing inspired me. So I decided to do a frolicking dolphin and a take on under the sea. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Deep Blue Sea (seemed appropriate) and layered Sally Hansen HD Laser over it. I used Konad Black for the dolphin and Color Club French Tip and Pure Ice Strapless for the splash.

There is a visible nail line but oh well! It kind of makes it look like the surface of the ocean? I'm trying, I really am. I'm not totally in love with this one. I look at the other ladies in the Adventures in Stamping group and their stamping is awesome! Multi-colors, multi-stamps, awesome free handing, sponging effects. But it takes time and practice to get there. And you get to see it through with me the whole way! Muwahahahahaha! :)

edit: I never mentioned that I used the Born Pretty Hello Kitty plate M71 for the dolphins.

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.