Tuesday, January 24, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 24, Inspired by a Book


I was inspired by the House of Night Series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. I love this series a lot, more so than Twilight! (Don't hate me!) 
"House of Night is a thrillingly engaging book series that follows 16-year-old Zoey Redbird, who gets “Marked” by a vampyre tracker and begins to undergo the “Change” into an actual vampyre. She has to leave her family in Tulsa and move into the House of Night, a boarding school for other fledglings like her.

It’s within the school’s walls that the heart of the action takes place as Zoey meets new friends, finds love, comes to terms with how her life will be different now and begins to realize her awesome new powers.

Here’s the deal though: Yes, Zoey’s a vampyre now. But she’s still a teenager – with all the humor, angst and confusing feelings any other teenager has." (http://www.houseofnightseries.com)

I know this is the same picture but I thought I would put it up again so I can explain the nails. For my base I used Zoya Shay, to give it a flesh color. These symbols are the "marks" that a fledgling, or new vampyre gets. The first "mark" they get is the crescent moon. I did this on my pinky using Salon Express plate SE21 and the dark blue Konad polish. The red "mark" is Stevie Rae's mark (I won't go into much on why her "mark" is red, read the books!). I used Konad red polish and Konad plate M4 (two images from it) for the "mark". My middle finger is Zoey's "marks", she is the main character and has a lot of markings. I used the Konad dark blue polish and Konad plate M51. And finally on my pointer finger, these represent Kalona's black wings. He is a fallen immortal in the book. I used Konad black polish and M51 plate.

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their literature with Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails

8 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.