Sunday, January 8, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 8, Metallic Nails


Metallics! Yes! I can use one of my favorite polishes! This is Chrome by Nail Savvy. I have had this polish the longest out of all my polishes, about 8 years. I love it. It was one of the first polishes  I could really use and not make a mess. But it stinks to high heaven! :) I used two coats, one would be fine, but I wanted to get rid of the brush lines.

What's this? Another shatter after yesterday's blunder? I decided to try another brand today. This is Fuchsia Shock by Sally Hansen. It went on much more smoothly than the OPI one. So smooth I didn't think it was going to work. But it did. And it didn't do too horribly. I think if I did all my nails with this pink shatter then it would be way too much. But it did nicely for the accent nail.

I also added a layer of Prisma Gloss Silver by Orly over the shatter. It was too dull, it needed sparkle!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their Metallic nails! Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails