Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday Reads - Partials by Dan Wells


Wow! It's been awhile since my last Wednesday Reads (over a month!! Though I am still trudging through A Game of Thrones I have read another book (well more than one! A Games of Thrones is taking me forever!). Today's book is Partials by Dan Wells.


This book is another dystopian young adult novel. But I liked it a lot! The tag line for this book is: "The only hope for humanity isn't human".

This takes place in the future when the human race is almost extinct. A war between humans and partials are nearly wiped out the human race. During this war a virus was weaponized and released killing many humans. This virus is called RM. And it is this virus that has caused the human race to become sterile. No new babies are being born.

Located on Long Island a group of survivors try to find a cure for RM while the partials have retreated to the mainland. Kara is a medic-in-training who wants more than anything to help find this cure. She refuses to stand by while mandatory pregnancy laws have push what's left of society into a civil war.

Can she find the cure? While searching Kara unearths secrets about the partials and the human race. Secrets that have long been forgotten.

This book was a fast read and really enjoyable. Also, it has a very, in my opinion, unique storyline! There is a bit of romance, a lot of action, and some intrigue.

The sequel comes out in February, and I can't wait!

Oh I found this interesting little book video. I still think these are weird. Live action previews/commercials for books. Weird.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.