Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Movember Mani!


November is a special month and is often called Movember by many. For the longest time I had no idea what Movember was all about. :)

According to movember.com:
During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo's, these men raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.
Once registered at www.movember.com, men start Movember 1st clean shaven. For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts.
Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November. Through their actions and words they raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.
At the end of the month, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas celebrate their gallantry and valor by either throwing their own Movember party or attending one of the infamous Gala Partés held around the world by Movember, for Movember. 
Sorry for all that quoting but I felt it would be best explained by the source itself! I think it is brilliant!


So my this is my Movember Mani! I chose OPI Russian Navy Suede (because guys like blue and not super shiny right?) and Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat. I stamped using Konad Black and QA28 plate that I got from ebay. As you can see there was a little mustachio mishap. Well, things like this happen, it's all for a good cause though right? :)

Have you done a Movember Mani? Do you know any Mo Bros or Mo Sistas?

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.