Monday, November 5, 2012

The Digit-al Dozen Does Music - Music Devices Through the Years


It's November! And you know what that means? Yep! Another installment of The Digit-al Dozen! This month our topic is music! Music is such a great inspiration! I had a lot of fun coming up with some ideas. So here we go!

This mani represents 4 devices used through the years to play music.

First we have the good old record (I promise it's not a scary demon eye!). I remember going through my mom's record collection when I was young and listening to the Beatles, The Mamas and The Papas, and many musicals. But I think my favorite record growing up was Little Red Caboose. Loved this record! To this day I still sing Little Red Caboose and Rag Mop!


My middle finger represents a cassette tape (I also promise it is not a robot or a face!). Man I loved my collection of tapes! I had all of The New Kids on the Block tapes! Oh baby! ;) And creating mix tapes! Oh yeah, I was queen!

My ring finger represents the golden age of compact discs or CDs. I know, I know, we still use them today.  But I remember my first CD I ever bought: The Cranberries To the Faithful Departed. Still have the CD and still listen to it! :)


And finally my pinky finger is an iPod. My first iPod was a Nano 2nd generation. I thought it was the coolest thing ever! Mine was green. :)



Specs:
Index: Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat, Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Zoya Sooki.

Middle: Leighton Denny Berry Nice, Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat.
Ring: Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat and Nail Savvy Chrome.
Pinky: China Glaze Cha Cha Cha, Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat.


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their musical manis! :)

A Girl and Her Polish
Beautygnome
Bee Polished
Caitlin's Creative Corner
Geeky Owl
Glowstars.net
Gnarly Gnails
Manicurator
Manicurity
PishPosh and Polish
The Crumpet
Toxic Vanity

8 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea! Me and my boyfriend have a record player and i love using it. We go round all the second hand shops picking up vintage records! It is so fun and i love the fact they have a history to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right they do have so much history to them. I need to get a record player that works so I can listen to my mom's old records!

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh!!!that's the cutest musical mani I ever seen!! love the tape!!! ♥ is like a little scary and cute face! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks! After I finished the tape and looked and was like dang it, it's a face! Things like that happen just got to go with it. But I liked how he turned out anyways! :)

      Delete
  3. Cuuuuuute mani! And I laughed when I saw the pencil-tape caption, this is so true. /twist /twist /twist haha, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) As much as I love my tapes I don't miss doing that!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.