Sunday, May 4, 2014

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For - A Twinsie Post with Fixin to Faff!


How epic is that image! Thanks to Ali over at Fixin to Faff for the image! And the plate!

Today is officially Star Wars day! May the 4th be with you! (Get it? Oh I hope you do!). Ali and I decided to do a twinsie post both using our MoYou Sci-fi 02 plate. You so totally need to check hers out! Um, it's a-mazing! I'm not even worthy to twinsie with her!


So here is my twin mani! We decided to use the ever-so famous line: "These aren't the droids you are looking for" as our prompt. I think it's really funny that our manis are very similar! (in fact we used some of the same polishes!)


I started out with OPI Glitter Off as my base. I then used two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff to give the background a desert/Tatooine-like feel. (Funny, we both did that!) I then used a q-tip and dabbed Milani White on The Spot to each nail tip. I then used some of my Rainbow Polish Star Set Polishes: Artoo (Blue one) and See 3P Ohhh (Gold one). I stamped using Barry M Foil Effects in Silver. Top coated it with HK Girl Top Coat and then Essie Matte About You.

I had really great ideas for this, but I ran out of time. I wish I had used a darker background (or thought to make decals like Ali!). But it kind of goes along with my title: "These aren't the droids you are looking for" they are a bit faded from your image. You can't really see them. The force is strong with me and I am able to reach through the internet and alter your mind! :)


Have to show you my thumb! Isn't he cute! I love this plate a ton! It's so unique and amazing!


Here is what the mani looked like before I added the matte top coat. 

Which did you like better? Shiny or matte?

Don't forget to go and check out Ali's post over at Fixin to Faff! And May the 4th be with you!

Here are some awesome Star Wars videos!



17 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using chunky glitter with stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've had issues in the past of stamping over glitter, so I am glad this worked out! :)

      Delete
  2. Yayyy! So cute! I love the r2 and 3po polishes too! I think you did a great job and love that you're us3d a jedi mind trick to obscure them from view lol! Also how cool is it that we didn't use a single common image between us? Talk about a versatile plate! Definitely prefer matted because it brings that gorgeous glitter out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thought that was funny that we didn't use the same images but we did use some of the same polishes! :) This was so much fun!

      Delete
  3. May the 4th be with you too! I loved how you did a glitter gradient + images on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani turned out great! Love all the elements you included on it. And def - the matte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love your take on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the silver in this! I came from the Twin Post here and I have to say the Star wars introduction is pure genius ;) You both definitely know what you're doing with your nails.

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/musical-madness-beyonce.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this looks really great! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.