Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Decades Week: Tinkerbell Cosmetics


Today for Decades Week I bring to you a blast from the past: Tinkerbell Cosmetics.

http://sprinklepuffball.blogspot.com/search/label/Tinkerbell%20Play%20Cosmetics

Now, I'm not sure the exact year of these bottles, but this is what I think of when I remember Tinkerbell Cosmetics. I believe my sister had some and later, in the 80's I did too. But I seem to remember this older set. I tried to track down the exact date and couldn't, so I have put it in the 1970's.


I used BarryM Grapefruit as the base on my first two fingers and as the number and stamping color on the other two fingers. I used Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime for stamping on first two fingers and as the base for the other two. I used MoYou Pro04 plate to stamp. I then added a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust in homage to the body powder with glitter that I had from Tinkerbell Cosmetics!

Do any of you remember Tinkerbell Cosmetics?

Don't forget to check out the ladies and see what decade they visit today!

14 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the brand but pink and green are oneof my fave combinations...so love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure who all would know of or remember this brand! :)

      Delete
  2. Love those colours together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Tinkerbell Cosmetics, but the color and design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I've heard of this brand but I'm not sure how?! Anyhoo, LOVE your manicure! These colors are so fun together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure you've heard of them. And, thank you!

      Delete
  5. I never would've expected green and pink to look cute together but you make it happen! I vaguely remember Tinkerbell cosmetics but definitely did not remember the packaging! Memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Tinkerbell cosmetics! I always felt soo grown up when Mom would let me get them. My favorite was the nail polish. If I remember correctly, they were sold in sets like you've shown pictured and the polish I think was included. The last time I recall getting a set of Tinkerbell cosmetics I think I was around 9 and in the 4th grade. After that, I was "too old" for Tinkerbell and moved up to Bonne Bell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Yep exactly! I'm so glad someone else remembers them!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.