Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Decades Week: The Space Race of the 1950's


Day three of The Digit-al Dozen Does Decades Week, and I welcome you to the 50's! This decade had many major events. It is the start of the Cold War, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and the Space Race.
"The Space Race was a 20th-century (1955–1972) competition between two Cold War rivals, the Soviet Union (USSR) and the United States (US), for supremacy in spaceflight capability. The technological superiority required for such supremacy was seen as necessary for national security, and symbolic of ideological superiority." -source

 

I wanted something crisp and symbol and love how this turned out! I used Wet n Wild Black Creme as the base. I added China Glaze Fairy Dust to serve as my stars! I used  Cheeky CH45 and BarryM Foil Effects Silver for my stamping. Essence Silver Surfer was used for the numbers and HK Girl for the top coat.

Don't forget to check out the other ladies to see what decade they visit today!

16 comments:

  1. Love the spaceships against the starry black sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of little green men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your concepts of this theme this week Kirsten! This is so super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all your ideas this week! This is fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute...I love the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! I love Fairy Dust used as tiny stars ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. thismakes me smile every time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah. Perfect space base! Aaaaand you've added more plates to my need/want list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.