Monday, May 12, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Decades Week: The Roaring Twenties!


This week The Digit-al Dozen takes you on a trip through the decades! I'm so excited to see everyone's take on this theme as it is so open! Today I've brought you the Roaring Twenties!
"The spirit of the Roaring Twenties was marked by a general feeling of discontinuity associated with modernity and a break with traditions. Everything seemed to be feasible through modern technology. New technologies, especially automobiles, moving pictures and radio proliferated "modernity" to a large part of the population" -source
I've decided to use a megaphone to symbolize moving pictures as well as the newspaper boys on the corners calling: "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!" because of all the new advances in technology.


This is the matte version (Essie Matte About You). I used Milani White on the Spot as my base. I used Essence Romeo to "age" the mani. For the megaphone and numbers I used Essence Silver Surfer and Essence Mysterious Black. For the non-matte version I used HK Girl Top Coat. 

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and see what decades they visited today!

11 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.