Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Haul


So this is going to be a short quick post. I'm not feeling too great to be all witty and clever! :) hahaha! But I thought I would show you what I picked up over the weekend at my local Sallys (I think the ladies there are starting to recognize me!).

Top (l-r): China Glaze Strawberry Fields (pink with a gold shimmer!), China Glaze First Mate (Navy Blue creme), China Glaze Ingrid (Brown with a gold shimmer).
Bottom (l-r): Beauty Secrets Base Coat (I use these for the quick swatches and I like it a lot!), Finger Paints Cerulean Seascape (blue with what looks to be a blue flash), and Sketch-y (brown shimmer).
I also bought some pure acetone because I heard it's really good for cleaning stamps and for clean up of nails!

Can you see a color theme going on? :) I decided I needed some more dark blues in my collection so I picked out the blues first. Then the it was buy two get one on all their polishes! I did buy another polish but it was for a swap and has already left. But none of the other polishes were "speaking" to me but then I remembered reading a post about Ingrid and fell in love (this is the post by Nailside: China Glaze - Ingrid), so when I saw it on the shelf I had to get it! Also, I'm really love these polishes with the gold or silver shimmer in them! Hence my purchase of Strawberry Fields! Sketch-y was just really pretty and needed some love too!

Do you have any of these polishes? 


So I have another question:

Do you as readers like haul posts or nail mail posts? Right now with work and school I like to do them because they give me a break in doing manis and I can put them together really quick. But I hope (in three-four weeks) to give you more manis and tutorials and such!


7 comments:

  1. I like reading haul posts and nail mail posts. It often shows me colours or brands I haven't been aware of until now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel about it too! Thank you for the input! :)

      Delete
  2. I like haul posts! I do them too on my blog, and I do have two of those polishes, the Moisturizing base coat (love it) and Strawberry Fields! You're going to love Strawberry Fields, but I personally have been unable to photograph it's gorgeousness accurately, so good luck with that undertaking! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for Strawberry Fields, I figured it would be a tough one to capture! :)

      Delete
  3. I love haul and nail mail posts :)
    Strawberry Fields looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.