Friday, December 14, 2012

The Digit-al Dozen Does Festiveness & TGIF: Formerly Frosty by Pop Culture Polish


This is the final day of The Digit-al Dozen Does Festiveness. But it is also TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indy Indie Friday! And today we have Formerly Frosty by Pop Culture Polish. I bought this polish knowing the exact mani that I wanted to do! And I am so happy how it turned out!

This mani is based on a song I learned when I was little called "Once There Was A Snowman".
Once there was a snowman, snowman snowman.
Once there was a snowman, tall, tall, tall.
In the snow he melted, melted, melted.
In the snow he melted, small, small, small.
 See, my snowman is melting! :)


Here is Pop Culture Formerly Frosty, as always: (l-r) 4 coats, 3 coats, 2 coats, and 1 coat. This polish is a "beautiful clear coat filled with several sizes of white glitters and accenting orange and black glitters". Some of the smaller glitters are iridescent and so catch the light causing a gorgeous glow and sparkle, just like snow! :)


Here it is in more direct light. Love it! I'm assuming you all get the inspiration here. A melted snowman! Black glitters=eyes and orange bars=nose! As you can see, the black glitter and orange bars didn't like to come out of the bottle so much. But other than that I had no issues with this polish. There are many orange and black glitters but I didn't fish them out because I wanted to show you how it really went on.


Here is Formerly Frosty (one coat) over: (l-r) Essence Lime Up!, Orly Nite Owl, Essence Let's Get Lost, and Essence Break Through.


So for my melting snowman I used Essence Romeo as my base color. I made my snowman out of Milani White On The Spot with Pop Culture Polish Formerly Frosty over top. With hat and eyes out of Finger Paints Black Expressionism. His arms are Finger Paints Sketchy Character. And his nose is Nails Inc Hans Place. Expect for my pinky where the eyes and nose are Formerly Frosty.

Please go check out Pop Culture Cosmetics and their Polish:
Etsy Store
Facebook page

Please enjoy some fun videos. The first is how this song is normally sung and then the other two are fun medleys of it! :)




 

Don't forget to check out Emma's TGIF post over at Manicurity, she is also in The Digit-al Dozen! :) 


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their festive manis! Oh and we have some new members! :)

16 comments:

  1. I love both mani, and I love all the video links to the song! I'm a teacher, so I get a kick out of those kiddie songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formally Frosty is completely gorgeous! I love you melting snowmen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, cute idea!! This is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snowman series!! Very well made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.