Monday, December 10, 2012

The Digit-al Dozen Does Festiveness: Santa's Belt


It's a new month so it's a new weekly challenge for The Digit-al Dozen! This month it is Festiveness! Coming up with original ideas for this topic is kind of hard. So I have pulled inspiration from many bloggers.

Today we have Santa's belt. Finally, I get to really use my China Glaze Ruby Slippers! This polish is more gorgeous than I thought it would be (not a huge red fan here). The more coats you use the deeper red it is! This is two coats. I added Finger Paints Black Expressionism for the belt. For the buckle I first used Sinful Colors Fashionista. This is supposedly for nail art. It says so right on the bottle and it's even a thinner brush.


Uh, nope. Not a good polish for nail art. Not even silver glitter and too much clear base. Just look? Fail on the silver glitter aspect Sinful Colors. Oh and this polish reeks! Eww!


So then I remembered I had this tiny gold polish by Avon called Luxe Life that I have had for years (like 10+ years!). And I applied it right over the failed silver. So this made my buckle a bit bigger but I still like them! :)

I was inspired by two bloggers first Polish2Times who then was inspired by Our Painted World (please click links to be sent to their sites to see originals!)


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their festive manis! Oh and we have some new members! :)

12 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.