Friday, April 18, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Texture Week: Damask!


Final day! I made it through and um, yeah, here is the final texture post for The Digit-al Dozen. Worst of the worst! Hahahahaha! In my head it worked out and I tried multiple times (normally I don't!). But alas, all I got was this weird moss like damask and not the velvet kind that you usually see! Hahahaha!

First I tried covering the whole design with flocking powder but that failed! So I decided to just do a few spots! Yikes!


But I did end up making a really freaky face there on my ring finger! See it? Scary!

I used Milani White on the Spot (two coats), Konad Black, MoYou Pro 04, HK Girl Top Coat, and flocking powder!

Phew! It's done! Until next month...............


Don't forget to check out what the other ladies did for their final day of the theme!

13 comments:

  1. I just don't think I'd be able to stop stroking my nails if I put flocking powder on them! :P

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely stepped out of the box for this week! I am loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! I figured, just go with it and have fun! :)

      Delete
  3. I totally know the velvet look you were going for; oh the days of velvet wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love you girl! Your post made me giggle. If nothing else your stamping below the flocking powder looks pretty flawless ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Thank you. It was pretty fabulous stamping......curse you texture! Grrr! :)

      Delete
  5. All I can say is I tried this similar idea about a year or so ago and it was a HUGE fail. And I haven't gone near the flocking powder since!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scary face on your ring finger!! HAHA! I think flocking powder is really difficult to work with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.