Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Just Glue Some Gears On It (and Call it Steampunk): The Neverending Pile Challenge and The Nail Challenge Collaborative


Another day of combing two challenges! Again it is The Neverending Pile Challenge (Boutique Polish) and The Nail Challenge Collaborative (Post 2 of Movies/Music/TV).


I started off with my untried boutique polish Illamasqua Radium (two coats). Boutique polish had a lot of different definitions. I chose to follow the definition of higher end polish found in only a few shops. I got this from Sephora when they were clearancing them to $7! I really love this color and the formula was fabulous!

I stamped using BM-415(gears) and MoYou Sci-Fi 02 (Owl). I used KleanColor Metallic Brown. Holy crud, do you know how long it took me to do this mani? The stamping took forever! Over a half an hour! Stupid KleanColor! I thought it would work since it's a metallic and my others work like a charm. Um, nope! But I really wanted the metallic sheen to it. Should have gone with my Essie metallics. Oh well. I added four dots under the owl because I had positioned him too high and there was no way I was redoing it! Hahahaha! I topped it off with HK Girl Top Coat.

So how does tie into The Nail Challenge Collaborative? How about a song called: Just Glue Some Gears On It (and Call it Steampunk). A hilarious Steampunk song about just because you've put gears on it, that doesn't make it Steampunk. I can admit of being guilty of this! :)


Don't forget to check out the other boutique polishes!



And don't forget to see what the others chose for their day 2 Movies/Music/TV posts!

12 comments:

  1. Shame about the kleancolor, but I love how Bobo came out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, at least the kleancolor is only a mini! Bobo! Hahaha! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. this is too cute! im mad i dont own radium. i went to the clearance when this was going on and there was ONE in there, a tester. no box. they wouldnt sell it to me. im like seriously, its on clearance and you wont sell me the tester! i was MAD. i want that polish! even though im sure i have 10 just like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm pretty sure you own 10+ that look just like it, but I totally understand! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that song!!
    your nails are cool as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that someone else knows that song! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I thought I might be the only person for whom those Kleancolor metallics will sometimes just NOT jump through the hoops! Sorry it was a pain, glad I'm not the only one, and I think that mani is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your manicures look so wonderful, especially this one!
    I’ve just discovered this blog and I love reading it <3
    I’m looking forward to see your next article ;)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.