Monday, July 2, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays: Flip Flops!


Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays are where we re-create manis from different blogs or pictures we have "pinned" on Pinterest, and link back to the original blogger!

Today I have re-created a gorgeous bright flip flop mani! When I first saw it I knew I had to do this mani. You see, I work at Old Navy and this Saturday was our $1 Flip Flop sale! How perfect is that! Oh, and they were a hit at work! :)


This is my inspiration from A Girl and Her Polish. (please click her name her image below to be sent to her site!). Isn't hers gorgeous! I didn't have any neons but chose some bright colors to go with the theme. Now this mani was hard for me to do. I don't do skittles all that well, something about have different colors on each finger is hard for me. And I usually do my ring finger as the accent nail and not the little finger like above. But by golly I was determined to re-created this lovely mani! :)

Now they only problem with this: was what to do for my thumb! Her's isn't pictured! Well, I thought like any good friend of The Crumpet would do and added a purple! :)


See! My purple thumb with more flip flops! :)


Bah! Pay no attention to the wonky little finger, it doesn't get much camera time and therefore isn't trained on how to behave in this situation. This is my right hand because I started stamping before I took a picture to show you the base colors! Duh! >_< But the colors are (l-r): Max Factor Disco Pink, Catrice Blue Cara Ciao, OPI Fiercely Fiona, and FingerPaints Sexy Sundress. My purple thumb is OPI Planks a Lot. I used Bundle Monster BM-309 (this one also has the owls on it!). I stamped using Konad Black and Konad White.


And for kicks and giggles the bottle shots of the polishes I used.

Thank you, A Girl and Her Polish for created such an awesome mani! :)

Would you like to join Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays? Click the image below or the one on my side bar.


8 comments:

  1. love monkey see, monkey do posts, and this is too cute!! I was all over Old Navy on Saturday snatching up those flip flops! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. My right little finger does exactly the same thing when I try to take pics! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg kirsten i love your new banner! i have that owly ring too but its in brass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i think they look the best in purple ..... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Yours looks great! :) Great choice with the purple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.