Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Guest Post by Sincerely Stephanie

Good Morning Owlets! (see yesterday's post for the name!) 

Today's guest post is by Stephanie from Sincerely Stephanie.  She does some crazy awesome nail art with such precision! Oh I have put her on Tuesday because she did a tealicure of her own for you for Teal Tuesdays! :)


Thank you so much Stephanie! :)


Don't forget to check out her blog after reading this post!


*********************************************************************************************

Hey all you Geeky Owl readers! 


I'm am really excited to be here! My name is Stephanie and I have a little Canadian nail art blog called Sincerely Stephanie. Kirsten posts some awesome nail art and I really love her Teal Tuesdays so I tried to incorporate that into this post! ( I ended up with more of a blue than a teal, but I tried lol!) 


triangle diamond nail art


To get this triangle geometric look I started off with two coats of China Glaze Make Some Noise. This is a redy orange from the 2012 Electopop collection. Once that had dried I took a striping brush and China Glaze For Audrey and created two triangles Then I grabbed Wet n Wild Silvivor and added the silver lines along the barrier between For Audrey and Make Some Noise. I added the white diamond in the middle and then the black lines outlining the diamond. I was planning on leaving it just like that, but it needed a little more pizzaz so I grabbed a square rhinestone and placed it in the middle of the diamond. One coat of NYC In a Minute Top Coat and I was good to go! 


triangle diamond nail art

triangle diamond nail art


These nails were something that was born out of nothing. I knew that I wanted to use Make Some Noise so I put on some awesome 90's music and bounced along to some great oldies and created these nails. Do you ever just create a manicure out of nothing? Just start painting and end up somewhere? 


triangle diamond nail art

triangle diamond nail art


Geometric patterns are one of my favourite patterns to create! All they need are a few lines and the possibilities are seriously endless! Do you like geometric patterns? What do you think of the look I created? 


I want to thank Kirsten SO MUCH! for letting me guest post while she's away! I hope she's having a fabulous vacation and that she likes this post! :D


Thanks for reading!!