Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Book Week - Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus


Book Week continues for the Digit-al Dozen. You gotta love children's books! Today's mani is inspired by the book: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems.


I just love these books! They are so much fun! In this story you are told by the bus driver: "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus". Through out the story Pigeon begs and pleads and asks you to allow him to drive the bus. It's really cute and I love the illustrations.


I used China Glaze For Audrey for the bus on my first two fingers. I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as the base of my ring finger. And then I mixed together OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and  Nails Inc Hans Place to try a create the color of the book on my pinkie. I also used HK Girl Top Coat. For all the artwork of the bus and pigeon I used craft paints. I was actually pretty impressed with how this turned out! My seven-year-old nephew knew who it was right away when I showed him and he was shocked how I got it on my nail. Yep, that was praise enough!


Uh-oh the Pigeon is driving the bus!


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their books for the day!

12 comments:

  1. I love this book! Genius idea for a mani and flawless execution! I love seeing what everyone comes up with each month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! We read this book regularly in my house and your nails look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I don't know the book but I love your images! So stinkin' cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awhile back when I was brainstorming for this week - this book was on my list. I'm glad someone did it, it's seriously hilarious! I love that little pigeon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute! I love how the style translated to your art so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so happy with how it turned out! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.