Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Love and Heartbreak: Little Black Strappy Dress


It's Valentine's Day today and most people (not me) will be getting into a cute little black dress, maybe something strappy (not me), and going out on a date with their loved one (not me). When I saw Nailasaurus' tutorial for Christian Dior AW12 Fashion Nail Art, I knew I had to do this for Valentine's Day. I think it is totally romantic and the perfect mani for this day! Especially with some added love! (hearts).

But this is The Digit-al Dozen Does Love and Heartbreak, so my heartbreak is that this day is just like every other day for me. Alone. Well, not entirely alone, I do have you my wonderful readers! :) Ok, I'm really not at all sad about today. It really doesn't bother me that I'm single. Yep, single and proud! Say it with me! Single and proud!


What? How did this get in there? Anyways, back to the mani!


Here are some hearts that I attempted (again abuse of this genius technique of painting on a sheet protector before hand). Now, that they are up here it totally looks like blood! Hahaha! I promise you it's Zoya Sooki in the shape of hearts! No one was harmed in the creating of this mani! I used HK Girl to adhere the hearts.


I am so happy with how this turned out. My past history with tape manis is very grim. But I think I have found my niche and will do more types like this with bare nail (with base coat of course) peeking through! The black I used is Finger Paints Black Expressionism. Isn't this the perfect little black strappy dress for Valentine's Day? :)

Don't forget to check out some more Love and Heartbreak with the other ladies of The Digit-al Dozen


11 comments:

  1. love it it is black on it and red great combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA ;) This is so cute and creative, and I love how the black looks over just the base coat. I'll be working late so there will be no date or strappy dress for me, either, but there will be sweats and eggplant parmesan on Saturday night, lolol. Happy Valentine's Day, girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! that ecard made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I saw I laughed for a good long time and knew I had to put it on here!

      Delete
  4. Very nice! I love the black and nude combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and nude combo, and the hearts were a perfect addition. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.