Friday, February 22, 2013

TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indie Friday: Elixir Lacquer Double D-Struction


It's Friday and you know what that means! TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indy Indie Friday! Today I have a brand that I haven't tried before: Elixir Lacquer. And today's polish is Double D-Struction. This is part of the Roller Derby Ruckus Collection. I just had to have at least one from this collection because a few Halloween's ago some of us at work dressed up as Roller Derby players! :)


Here is one coat of Double D-Struction over two coats of OPI Skull & Glossbones. I really wanted a base color that would make the teal really pop. And look at that teal micro glitter! This polish is made up of teal, brown, and bronze glitters. There are some big teal glitters as you can see in the bottle there but for this coat they didn't want to come out and play. :(


Here is two coats of Double D-Struction. Now you see the teal (I promise they are more teal in real life!) glitters. I had to fish these out, but it wasn't too hard to do. And even if I didn't get them out, the rest of it is still really pretty! Other than the big glitter problem (which is not unusual for big glitters) I had no issues with this polish. It's super shiny!


I decided to make it into a jelly sandwich and I love it! I applied one coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu. I couldn't decide which sheer/jelly to use but ended up with Don't Touch My Tutu because I didn't want to lose the beautiful color of Elixir Lacquer Double D-Struction. I love how it looks in the jelly sandwich!


Here is a bottle shot of Elixir Lacquer's Double D-Struction. Super pretty!


Elixir Lacquer is available at their shop here.
Check out Elixir Lacquer's Facebook page here to be kept up to date!

And don't forget to check out Emma's TGIF post over at Manicurity, my TGIF partner in crime!


Because I know you were curious to my costume! My name for the day was Kamikaze Kirsten! I never fell either! Oh yeah! :)