Friday, February 15, 2013

TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indie Friday and The Digit-al Dozen Does Love and Heartbreak - Slick Lacquer


Welcome to the last day of The Digit-al Dozen Does Love and Heartbreak. It is also TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indy Indie Friday. Today I have Slick Lacquer's A Wink and a Nod. I saw swatches of this over at Gnarly Gnails and knew I had to have it!

But what does this have to do with love or heartbreak? It's love. The ampersand represents love to me. Let me explain. One year I was writing down all my siblings name with their spouses joined by an ampersand. So it was so & so and so & so, etc. I sighed out loud to my sister and said, "all I want for Christmas this year is an ampersand. I want to be joined with someone. I want to be Kirsten & someone". My 11 year-old nephew was there and heard that. He disappeared and showed up later with a wrapped ampersand cut out of construction paper. Ahhh! I still have this tucked safely in my drawer.

That is why I chose to stamp the ampersand image from Bundle Monster BM-311 using Konad White. I topped it off with HK Girl.


This polish is stunning! A nude grey with a shimmer! This is so so me! The formula of this polish fabulous and smooth! This is two coats! I love this polish!



Slightly shady here to show the warmer color of it.


Bottle shot of Slick Lacquer A Wink and a Nod.


Macro bottle shot! Shimmer! Almost holo shimmer!

Slick Lacquer Etsy shop
Slick Lacquer Facebook page


Don't forget to check out Emma over at Manicurity, my TGIF partner in crime!

And don't forget to check out the other wonderful ladies in The Digit-al Dozen:

11 comments:

  1. I love the story and the inspiration behind the ampersand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shimmery polish, it reminds me of Butter London All Hail the Queen only it's beige-er. But oh yes I love how pretty that looks on you. I love the ampersand story, how sweet that he made you one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that story as well! So cute. Great polish and mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, so cute!!! and i love that polish xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew there was a name for that thingy, lol. I love your story behind it though. So sweet <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww K....that story is precious. I'm glad you love that polish...we should do a twinsie post with it one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for showing this polish! And yes we should do a twinsie post! More reason to wear it! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.