Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Art: 31 Day Challenge 2013! Day 8: Violet Nails


Today's Digit-al Dozen Does Art/ 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version) Day 8 mani is violet nails! This one had me stumped as to what art piece to use that used violet as a color. So I googled and came up with this image:


This is Purple Posies by Jackie Griswold. This is acrylic on canvas. She is a modern painter that I honestly don't know much about, I just found her image on google. She can be found on Art Blog: here.


I really liked how this turned out. I think it pays homage to the real painting nicely! :) I used Milani White on the Spot as my base and for the white dots. The grass is: Finger Paints Go Van Gogh (bah! I did not intentionally use this one for it's name, just needed a dark green! Win!) and Finger Paints Sexy Sundress. The flowers are: OPI Funky Dunkey (darkest), OPI Planks a Lot (medium), and OPI Steady as She Rose.


I love how fresh this turned out. Very happy and spring like for the winter! Gives hope! :)

Don't forget to check out the other masterpieces the Digit-al Dozen ladies are doing:


And some violet nails for the other 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version):

15 comments:

  1. Very cool. That piece translates well into nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing! I love how you translated it on the nail - it's seriously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the piece you chose! It looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! It looks so much like the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i love this SO hard - stunning job xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.