Monday, January 14, 2013

31 Day Challenge 2013 Day 14: Gradient Nails


Welcome to day 14 of 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version): Gradient Nails. Not going to lie, I was a bit scared of this one. My last year's gradient nail turned into an ombre attempt which failed and turned into a comparison post. But this year I am trying to concur fears and suck it up. Well I put on my big girl panties and was totally thrilled to find how easy a gradient nail is! :) I can't wait to try more and perfect my gradient!


I used OPI Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI (a gorgeous purple with a red/pink shimmer, two coats) and Barry M Silver Foil. The above picture is without a top coat and therefore still looks a bit rough and bumpy. My camera had issues capture this gradient but I love it!


Here it is again with HK Girl top coat. I love how the red/pink shimmer in Dutch 'Ya plays with the silver and makes an almost holo effect! How cool is that! To help with my gradient I followed The Nailasaurus' Gradient Tutorial (easy to follow!). In fact she did a gradient later on using purple and silver! :)


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their gradients!

14 comments:

  1. I love this color and the gradient! It's super girly and very edgy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was surprised on how easy it actually was! :)

      Delete
  2. The gradient looks like frost - those two do play together quite nicely. super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love! Your gradient turned out so well! You rock this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Glad you've mastered the gradient! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so pretty awesome :)
    Usually I see nail gradients with two or more colours of a similar shade family but this looks pretty cool to have a silver on purple gradient :) should try it when I get myself some silver!
    Artistically Curious

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.