Friday, February 21, 2014

Barielle Review of Polishes, and Lotion, and Cuticle Oil--Oh My!

So last month I was contacted by Barielle to join their team of bloggers! Me! I was flabbergasted and super excited! I still am excited! Sadly because of my health I haven't been able to get to doing my review. But today is finally the day that I was able to do it all!
I really appreciate the Public Relations Department of Barielle in understanding why I hadn't posted my review yet. Thank you!

*Warning: Picture Heavy! And probably one of my longest posts! Hahaha! But it's an awesome one! :)


So let's start with an overview of what I received. I chose the Nail Strengthener Cream, the Intensive Nail Renewal Oil, and 5 polishes (Greenwich Village at Dawn, I Got a Headache, Aura Angora, Belly Dance, and High Marks Purple). The extra Nail Strengthener Cream, in the box, they sent me a few weeks later. (Which I greatly appreciated as I am loving this cream!)

Ok, so as I am writing this I realized that I didn't take an "action" shots of me using the oil or cream; but I can still tell you about them!

The Nail Strengthener Cream: one word: Amazing! I am always on the look out for great hand creams (I have a massive hoard of lotions and creams). But I think this could really be on the top of my list! I have been using it almost daily (twice a day, morning and night) since I have received it. I have barely made a dent in it! You only have to use a little bit to cover all your nails. There is a little fragrance, one that I can't place, but it doesn't bother me at all (and I'm really sensitive to smells). It is a bit greasy but soaks in rather quickly. I really love using it at night and then put gloves on while I sleep!

The Intensive Nail Renewal Oil: Over the winter I have let my cuticle care go down the drain. So I was really excited to try this oil. Easy to apply, again you only need a bit because oil spreads nicely. It is a bit shiny on your cuticles, so wait a bit to take pictures of your nails after using it! It also has a bit of a fragrance, but it doesn't bother me either! 

With using both the Nail Strengthener Cream and Intensive Nail Renewal Oil my nails and cuticles and recovered wonderfully! They are healthy again! I give these two products two fabulous healthy thumbs up!

Now let's take a look at the polishes! And you can see how nice my cuticles are!
** I just want to say that I decided to use all Barielle products in these swatches. So since I did not request a base or top coat from them I decided to purchase my own with my own money. I chose to buy Fortifying Nail Builder with Calcium Fluoride and Ultra Speed Dry Manicure Extender.


First up we have Belly Dance. This is described as "a nude taupe with shimmer". You know how I love nude polishes! But I think I would classify this as more of a rosy nude. It's more pink than taupe for me. But I still like it!


This is two coats with top coat. As you can see there is still a little bit of visible nail line. You can even see the shimmer! Which adds a nice little sparkle to this color. The formula was good, a bit thicker so it did create some drag marks if I had too much polish on the brush. But the top coat hides those marks! :)


This is High Marks Purple. It is described as a "rich, creamy, neon purple." Rich and creamy definitely! Purple, oh yeah! Neon? To a point, but more jewel tone for me because it is a nice rich deep color! But it is still a bright vibrant color!


What to know something fabulous about this polish? This is one coat! One! Yes! Win! The formula was perfect....like buttah! I'm curious as to how well this would stamp......hmmm, might have to do a post on that! :)


This is Greenwich Village at Dawn. A "creamy, dusty, pink". I agree with this description. But one thing they don't mention is the green shimmer/flash that it has! More so in the bottle than on the nail (maybe that's why it's not mentioned?).


I used two coats and the formula was perfect! If you look at the bottle you can see the flash of green. On my nails it just mainly shows up as a shimmer, which is never bad! This polish reminds me a lot of my mother. She always had her nails painted pink! She would have loved this color!


Ah yeah! Of course I would choose this color! This is Aura Angora. And it is fabulous! "A Royal Gold Creme". Hmmm, how about a gorgeous mustard! Such a warm color! A lot of people might consider this a fugly color, but I love it!

And guess what.....one coat! Yep! It's a one coater as well! Sa-weet! The formula was a little bit thicker, so there is a possibility of drag marks, but not too much of an issue. I wonder the stamping ability of this one.....hmmm, again, perhaps another post?


And finally my last polish. I Got a Headache. The name is hilarious! And the color is gorgeous! "A shimmery caramel". Hmm, I think that is pretty accurate! I did have one single brush hair longer than the others that I had to cut, but other than that, no issues!


As you can see there is a some visible nail line and this is two coats. Three would make it opaque.  I just love the shimmer in this!


Just look at that shimmer and glow! Love it!

I am really excited to be working with Barielle. All of these products were just wonderful!  I would recommend them to anyone! And did you see how nice and awesome my cuticles are! Yep, the Nail Strengthener Cream and Intensive Nail Renewal Oil are that fabulous! You can see in some pictures where I didn't wait enough time to let the oil really soak in.

Oh and want to know something else cool about Barielle? See that horse jumping over the letter B. I've never noticed it before on my one previously owned Barielle polish. 
Well, "[o]ver 30 years ago, Barielle introduced "Nail Strengthener Cream" as the first nail care product of its kind. Originally formulated to condition the hooves of million-dollar thoroughbred racehorses, this legendary skin care product helps nails grow healthier and stronger while resisting splits, peels and breaks. Its effectiveness launched Barielle as a nail and skin care company with unique products and approaches to treating, protecting and maintaining nails. Barielle has since evolved into one of the leading prestige nail care, hand care and foot care brands sold in the world, known for our cracked feet treatments and the best moisturizers for dry skin." source

It's only been since 2005 that they started making color polishes! Interesting huh! They are 3-Free and free of any animal products or animal testing!

I've already bought four more polishes with my own money! The quality of these polishes are lovely!

You can find out more about their products by visiting:

Make sure you sign up for their emails for upcoming specials!


8 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that they chose you!! Congrats, Kirsten! and great swatches! I'm loving I Got A Headache and Greenwich Village at Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! And that's so exciting that you get to swatch for Barielle! Their polishes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I do believe I love I Got a Headache!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.