Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fandom: Still Flyin'


Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen Does Fandom Week and I give you one of the best fandoms ever! I am and forever will be a Browncoat! Still flyin'!

A Browncoat is a fan of the TV Show Firefly (created by Joss Whedon) and it's movie (brought about because of it's fandom) Serenity. This short-lived (at least on TV, thanks FOX) show is about some pretty amazing space cowboys.

I started off with OPI My Vampire is Buff on each of my nails (oh please of please someone see what I did there! Hahahaha!). I used Essie Matte about you as my topcoat. On my index I used MdU Light Gray to stamp some metal panels using Bundle Monster BM-609. The Serenity (the ship) is stamped in Konad Black using My Online Shop MJ Jr-31. This nail represents part of the first scene in the movie Serenity:


My middle finger is stamped with dinosaurs from Bundle Monster BM-611 using BarryM Vanilla and a leaf from Winstonia W113 and MdU Ochre. This nail represents our beloved pilot Wash. I will only show you one image, the dinosaur scene, because the leaf reference is too sad.


My ring finger represents River (also, she can kill you with her mind). I sponged BarryM Chai for the base and stamped using Konad Black and filled in the hands with BarryM Blueberry. "two by two, hands of Blue" is a phrase in the TV series that River quotes. It refers to men who are after River and her brother. These men have some really advance technology that can make you bleed from every orifice. *joy*


And finally my pinkie can have two different meanings. I sponged a ton of different polishes (BarryM Chilli, Mango, Cocoa) and stamped using Konad Black and MdU Papyrus and MoYou London Suki 04 (the writing). I wanted to this to represent the colors of Serenity with the script on it as Mandarin is commonly used in the series. But the script doesn't show up that well and so can also be taken as Jayne's (because they are also his colors, especially wearing his hat) quote: "She is startin' to damage my calm". Because my sponging looks chaotic. 




If you haven't seen this series or movie, please take the time to watch it, you won't be disappointed. You may have withdrawals (thanks FOX).



Today was one of my favorite fandoms! Don't forget to check out the other ladies and what they chose!