Thursday, August 1, 2013

ABC: F is Orly Fowl Play, KleanColor Fashionista, and China Glaze Fairy Dust and a FAIL!


Today is brought to you by the letter F: Orly Fowl Play, KleanColor Fashionista, and China Glaze Fairy Dust. F is also for FAIL! Hahahaha! I attempted a saran wrap mani........totally chose the wrong colors! I used China Glaze Fairy Dust to help camouflage it! :)


Started with Orly Fowl Play. So pretty! Look at all those flakies! Looks like a melted grape popsicle on my fingers! This is where I should have ended the mani. Nope, I was feeling like trying something new. Bah!


Here you can sort of see the saran wrap mani effect. I should have chosen better colors. As much as I love KleanColor Fashionista (love baby poop greens!) it doesn't look nice on your fingers and cuticles when it doesn't come straight off with acetone cleanup! Hahahaha! I was able to get most of it off but for a while....ew! :)

I really do want to try this technique again, but I will try to have at least one bright color. I think that is why this failed, they were too dark. Put that one into the book to remember what not to do! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'd love that green on it's own but the saran wrap isn't that pretty with these colors I agree. I would go with bright colors and cremes or shimmers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to try it with brighter colors next time. Thank you! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.