Monday, April 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Childhood: Lisa Frank


Welcome to another month and another week of The Digit-al Dozen!

First off: I'm sorry I have been MIA for the last month. It's been one of those months where I just couldn't really function properly, you know? But I hope to back more often (more than just DD week!) this month! I have a review of some polish, some makeup, NCC theme, and I want to talk about my skincare regime that I hinted at a few months back. Phew! I hope to get to it all! 

It's great to be back! Now onto our regularly scheduled program (because DD week is the only consistent thing about my blog! Hahahaha!)

I am a child of the 80's. Born in 1981, I lived through all the craziness that was the 80's. The slouch socks, the bangle bracelets (the band The Bangles, Walk Like an Egyptian anyone?), the Garbage Pail Kids, the best Saturday morning cartoons and after school specials. Yep, the 80's were awesome!

Nothing screams 80's more than any Lisa Frank design! 


This image was my inspiration for today's mani. Totally 80's right? Like, totally!


I started off with a base color of Layla Softouch Effects 04 (Neon Pink) on my first two fingers and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on the other two. I blobbed and squished colors: Layla Softouch Effects 04 (Neon Pink), Layla Softouch Effects 09 (Aqua Zen), Milani Totally 80s (how appropriate! didn't pay attention to the name until now!), China Glaze Papaya Punch, and China Glaze Gothic Lolita. I then stamped using Cheeky CH-11 (index finger) and Bundle Monster BM-613 (middle finger) and Konad Black (used for all nails). I colored parts of the cheetah's face using MBSW and Totally 80s. On the other two nails I stamped using Konad Q1 (remember when this was THE plate everyone wanted!). I filled in the spots using the plethora of polishes listed above. Topped it all off with HK Girl Top Coat.

So, like, what do you think? Isn't is like so fetch and awesome!? Like if you don't love it, well, gag me with a spoon because that's bogus. (You're welcome).

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their trips down memory lane!