Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Lazy Blogger's 31 DC: Recreate Something


Today's prompt was to recreate a mani. I chose to attempt Emma's Teeny Tiny Flowery Half-Moon Nails.

And I do mean attempt. Emma, from Manicurity has such gorgeous shaped nails that are long and graceful and work for a half-moon design. Mine, in their nub condition, not so much.


I used Ciate Chinchilla as my base, two coats. Never used this brand before and the formula is wonderful! I used OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know as the branch. The flowers are made up of China Glaze Make Some Noise, China Glaze Trendsetter, Leighton Denny, and some China Glaze Kalahari Kiss. I used Milani White on the Spot and Zoya Bevin to make little poofs of flowers. I used HK Top Coat to finish is off.


So they are not as great as Emma's but they are still pretty cute and I am still loving the idea. Maybe when the nubs grow out a bit? :)

Don't forget to check out Emma's awesome nails over at Manicurity! Because I know she something totally awesome! She always does! :)

4 comments:

  1. Your recreation is every bit as lovely as the original. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Also nice to see your poor little nubbins looking longer and stronger. May your nails grow well forever. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.