Monday, September 14, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations Week: The Emperor's New Clothes by The Dalai Lama's Nails

Welcome to a full week of The Digit-al Dozen! Yes you heard me right! All five days have already been completed and are set to post! Yay me! Don't know what I did different but I do know that when I created these manis for this week my anxiety levels actually dropped a bit (well, except for a bit of stamping issues). And I think this is one of my better DD weeks ever, granted they aren't my own designs, but I feel I did all the ladies I chose justice. I hope you enjoy!

First, a note about this week:

This week we are re-creating each other's manis from different Digit-al Dozen themes. We are doing this in honor of The Digit-al Dozen turning 3! (Crazy huh!) Although we've had some changes in faces and nails, we are still passionate about what we do and what we stand for. We love nail art and the nail art community! We love the family that we have found in each other and the friendships that will last a lifetime.

These past three years the ladies of The Digit-al Dozen have been my all. They have supported me when I had no one else to turn to. They have lifted me from my darkest of darks. They have shown me how to see the greatness that is within me. They have laughed and cried with me. All these ladies are technically strangers to me, as in I have never met any of them (ok, I have met Ashley from Ashley is Polish Addicted), but I do not consider them strangers at all. They have played such an important part in my life and I am a better person because of all the ladies (past, present, and future) of The Digit-al Dozen! I love you all! XOXO Mwuah!


Welcome to The Digit-al Dozen does Re-Creations Week! This week we are re-creating manis by other DD ladies. Today I have chosen this mani because I had wanted to do something similar to this during our Fairy Tales Week, but wasn't exactly sure on how to go about it.


But Hannah over at The Dalai Lama's Nails (click to see the original amazing version!) created such a fabulously perfect mani for The Emperor's New Clothes that I had to re-create it! So simple and yet it totally captures the story, in a PG sort of way. :)


I used OPI Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue, BarryM Foil Effects Gold, and OPI Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI all topped with Poshe Top Coat. 

I really loved how elegant this turned out. Sometimes it's nice to have a nice clean traditional-ish french tip mani.

Thank you Hannah for your contribution to our DD family!

Don't forget to check out the other amazing ladies of The Digit-al Dozen!