Monday, September 28, 2015

Empties: September Empties Plus Some


Say what!? I'm caught up with my empties! Can I get a what! What! I really thought I'd never catch up, but I did! And now my empties bucket is.....empty! Yay! So these empties are from July, August, and September.


AG High & Dry: I really like this finishing spray. It gives great volume without a ton of shine. It even can create a bit of curl in my very non curly hair. I bought a few of these as AG was redoing their packaging so I got them for cheap! :)
Kenra Shine Spray: Hahahahahahaha! I love that I put a matte hair product with a shine spray! I've reviewed this product in previous empties and still love it. But, I really don't like the price, kind of expensive. I am on the look out for a similar item.


Sexy Hair Get Layered: Ok, this is one of my favorite new finds (though I did show a small one last empties post). I love this hairspray because you can so totally layer this product.....a lot! And it stays soft and holds all day! I'm working on my next bottle already. :)
Kenra Volume Spray: Meh. I had to finish this, but I don't like this spray anymore. A few empties ago I loved it. But now, I realize it dulls your hair a lot! And you get helmet head. That 25 on the bottle? Hair holds up to 25 miles per hour wind. Yep, and it looks it.


Sexy Hair Spray Clay: I've had this for a really long time and forced myself to finish this. It's a texturizing spray, and yes it adds texture. Cruddy stiff texture. Yuck. No more to this one.
Caviar Anti-Aging Working Hair Spray: Got this in a little kit to try it out. This spray was good, was it the holy grail? No, I don't think so. It is a bit pricey so I won't be repurchasing because the one I do like (Sexy Hair Layered) goes on sale where this doesn't.
Redken Guts 10: I've used this in the past and wasn't to impressed. However, my hair stylist used it on my last haircut and I saw how she used it and I fell in love! Before I was using way too much. So I blow dry my hair and when it is almost completely dry I spray a few little spurts to the crown on my hair and then finish drying it. It adds just the right amount of volume! Working on another bottle!
Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine Super Spray: Tried this because I was told it had fab hold and shine. Hmmmm, nope. No hold for me. And it dribbled each time I sprayed! That's a reason I don't really like this type of bottle.


Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner: Ok, I love this toner! It is super gentle and calming. I used it to clean off my face after doing my hair to get all the hairspray junk off. This toner lasted for such a long time. I haven't repurchased yet, but I am going to be repurchasing!
Dermadoctor Litmus Test  Replenishing Toner: This is the first item I ever bought from Dermadoctor. I bought this because I researched this brand for work and loved what I read about this toner. It has glycolic and lactic acid which is super fabulous (lactic acid is much better for my skin as it is a bit more gentle) and helps to exfoliate your skin and helps with skin renewal. This toner is fabulous for hormonal acne (this right here is why I wanted to try it!)! You know, those pesky chin "friends" we get? Yep, it help to calm them and to hinder their appearance somewhat. Yes! This lasted me about six months! Which is good because it was a bit pricey for a toner ($37).


Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil: I've only tired a few oils for the face and I liked this one. Granted, I don't like the fact that the dropper top broke (it's rubber, what the heck?) My skin really loved this oil and soaked it up instantly, adding hydration and nutrients to my sad skin. I also used this with my Anastasia Creme Concealer kit to have be a bit more creamier when I was applying it.
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: I don't think I need to even review this one. This is my go to foundation, always will be! Fabulous coverage, buildable, and non-irritating.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden: So, I have a confession. This product is not empty. Nope, not even close. But I need to throw it away, it is stinky! I've had it for far too long. I'm not a huge fan of the Eden version of their primer; I like the original one better. So I didn't use it that often and went to use it the other day and opened it and it stunk! Like, I've had this open for probably two years! Eeeks! >_<


Benefit Roller Lash: I love this mascara! (I hate Benefit They're Real). This mascara really does curl your lashes! It's a nice inky black, your lashes stay soft, and best thing......way easy to remove than They're Real! I lurve this a lot. But I haven't bought another because I am trying to be good and use up what I have.....it's really hard!
Sephora Express Cleansing Wipes: I bought these to get my Sephora order over $50 for free shipping. I never used this to remove my full makeup so I can't tell you how they worked for that. But I did use them for fall out and eyeshadow cleanup while doing my makeup and for these, they are fabulous!
Vichy Idealia Life Serum: I'm on a Vichy kick right now. They are a fabulous brand for sensitive skin and reasonablly priced. I had this sample size of their serum and decided to try it. This serum is lightweight and adds hydration. So it has a really cool color, white with a bit of a pink flash to it, it is that pink flash that helps to brighten the skin; it has micro glitter. I mean really small and not a ton either. So no Ke$sha glitter here. I purchased the full size and am still loving it.


Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub Brazilian Nut: Oh. My. Goodness! I love this product so so much! It is so heavenly. It smooths out your skin so gently but satisfying (so it does have a bit of good grit). Oh but the smell, yummy! It seems like chocolate frosting! Mmmmmm! I use this before shaving and on my dry rough knees, elbows, and heels.
DrJart+ Ceramidin Cream: So, this little tube is my second sample tube of this product. I first tried it through my Birchbox and really liked how it made my skin feel. I had always wanted to buy a full size but it's a tad pricey so I kept putting it off. I was able to find another tube (this one) and got a sample from an order and I hoarded these. I used them so sparingly, more as a spot treatment and not all over my face. But Sephora had a special with getting extra points if you bought something, so I bought my full size bottle of this. I'm not using it yet, attempting to use up the rest of my skincare junk. But I love the feeling when I apply this product. I imagine it deep into my skin and becoming the mortar to hold the cells together and help to create a barrier to keep my skin hydrated and youthful. And that is exactly what ceramides do, I just actually visualize it as I am applying! :)

So, that is all my empties for now. I hope to keep current with these so it doesn't become overwhelming. (or take up as much room! I was feeling like a hoarder with a pile of empty packages stored away)

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what products you have recently finished!