Thursday, July 19, 2012

Guest Post by Cuti-CLUE-les

Good Morning Owlets!

Today's guest post is by Cuti-CLUE-les. And her nail art is to die for! And Disney! Wow! I wish I had this much talent! Nope not me, I can only draw stick figures!

Thank you so much Cuti-CLUE-les! :)

Don't forget to check out her blog after reading this post!

******************************************************************

Hey all!

I am really into nail art at the moment so when Kirsten asked me to guest post I did a bit of detective work and checked out her blog for ideas :P Luckily I read the "about me" section first and discovered that she is a fan of Disney movies. I love animated films! So here's what I went for...

It's been years since I've watched Beauty and the Beast and doing this manicure just makes me want to watch the film so badly!
It's awful but I didn't even know they had proper names :P  My bad!

From left to right: Lumiere (candle), Mrs Potts (teapot), Cogsworth (clock) and Chip (teacup).



 I use a basecoat-any will do but I use Stargazer 114- just to protect against stains. All of the details are done using acrylic paint. Then just to finish  it all of I put on 2 coats of Essence Quick dry topcoat. I find that acrylic paint really sucks up your top coat so you might need 2 coats just to give it a nice smooth, glossy finish. I would recommend a topcoat when using acrylics because it really blends the image together.




I really hope ye liked this Beauty and the Beast inspired post! Freehand nail art takes a bit longer than stamping but I really think it's worth it and it's so satisfying :) Thanks so much Kirsten for letting me post today. It was such a fun mani to do :)

Cuti-CLUE-les


13 comments:

  1. I didnt know they had names either! Good nails though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love this! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie! (If you couldn't tell by my user pic). lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite disney movie ever... embarrassed myself the other day by singing every song and knowing the words ;-) Great nail art hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygoddd soooo detailed!!! Love it Rois!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Scooby ;) Chip is my favourite character :D He's so adorable!

      Delete
  5. These are fantastic! Very jealous of your talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.