Friday, March 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Nature Week: Flowers


Final day of The Digit-al Dozen Does Nature and I have thrown you all for a curve ball! This doesn't really follow my previous days. No science here. No, I really wanted to do some flowers. And I really really wanted to do some Splash Floral nail art inspired by Emily from The Lacquerologist

http://www.amazon.com/Idiots-Guides-Nail-Emily-Draher/dp/161564699X

I recently bought this amazing book from Amazon that Emily created and I love it! Her photos are amazing, the tutorials easy to follow, and it's just such an awesome book! I highly recommend it!


So one of my favorite styles that Emily creates are her Splash Florals. I have always loved them but had never attempted them. I decided to do it for this theme! I used a stamp for my flowers where she free-hands them with her mad skillz! :)


I used BarryM Chai (possibly my favorite grey!) and BarryM Green Berry as my main colors. My ring finger is an accent with Green Berry as the base and Chai as the splash of color. I stamped using Born Pretty BP-54 and Konad Black. And of course sealed it all with HK Girl Top Coat. 

I seriously don't want to take this mani off! It's one of my favorites that I have done in a really long time! Thank you Emily for your awesomeness! :)

Don't forget to check out the other final nature manis!