Monday, November 10, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Thankfulness: My Health


It's another month and another Digit-al Dozen theme with this month about being thankful. This theme turned out to be tricky. Some things that you are thankful are hard to incorporate into nail art, so you try to be specific, but then it gets to be little things. Well this week I did some grand non-tangible things and a few fun things that I am thankful for.

Today though, I am thankful for my health. All of it. As much I suffer with depression and anxiety I am still thankful for it. Because without going through what I have gone through I wouldn't be the person I am today (and no, I'm not talking about the panic-ridden person in bed, though that too! Hahaha!). I know that my depression has made me an old soul. I've always been mature for my age but dealing with depression since junior high has caused me to grow up a bit faster in a way. Almost 20 years dealing with a disease that is now only really getting any time in the spotlight and being allowed to not carry so much stigma.

There will always be people who say: "you can change things if you wanted to" (really!? really?), "if you just went to church more and prayed more" (right, because this is a punishment?), and "snap out of it" (if only!). But I would honestly happily keep depression and anxiety over what some others have. We always think we have it the worst, but if everyone's problems where put in a pile and we got to see all of them, pretty sure we'd want our own back. It has made me who I am. I know myself more deeply than some others know their selves. Do I ever wish I didn't have it? Sure, but if this is my struggle, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

I have met (also read that as "met") some amazing people who share my plight. Some I can visit with daily in person, buoying one another up. Others through Facebook groups and blogs where we reach across continents and oceans and soothe each other by listening and understanding. 

So yes, I am thankful for my health because it has made me a stronger person. I've been so far down and have come back that I know things can only get better. I thankful also for those who have offered me their hand as I have walked through the darkness, offering aid and support. With you there by my side (both physically and through words) I would not be here today. Thank you.


To show my thankfulness I chose to do the awareness ribbon. I used Barielle Autumn in Seoul as my base. I stamped using A England Dragon (I slay my own personal dragons each day!) and Bundle Monster BM321. I added Essie Matte About You to get it that hazy look of the fog that we wander through daily.


Here it is before the matte top coat. So shinny and happy. Which, under that fog of depression and anxiety there is happiness, even if for a moment.

http://www.epbot.com/2012/09/the-enduring-hope-of-someday.html         http://www.focusedonthemagic.com/2012/11/destination-disney-quoting-walt-disney.html
                                     source                                                                  source

http://www.focusedonthemagic.com/2012/11/destination-disney-quoting-walt-disney.html

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their thankful manis!