Monday, January 23, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 23, Inspired by a Movie


Inspired by a movie! I was actually excited for this one! This my take on the movie Serenity (with a little Firefly thrown in!) This is my favorite movie! What's not to love: spaceships, humor, Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, and Adam Baldwin! Yes please! If you haven't seen this movie, you need too!

Here's a little trailer for you!


Now on to the nails!

             

This is the Serenity logo. Mine, I guess, is loosely based! I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out for the Base. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Crushed mixed with Finger Paints Artist's Inspiration for the orange. Finger Paints Art Nouv-Yellow mixed with SH Crushed for the yellow. My writing is done in FP Artist's Inspiration.

 

 On the left is the planet Miranda that they find in the movie. I used Orly Androgynie as the base. I mixed Sall Hansen Xtreme Wear Blizzard Blue, Wet Cement, and Going Green for the Planet with the land being China Glaze Westside Warrior.

On the right is my homage to the TV show Firefly which Serenity is based off. There is a part where Wash (the pilot) is playing with dinosaurs and says: "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal". I used Sally Hansen Wet Cement as the base and China Glaze Concrete Catwalk as the dinos.
 And below is the clip of the dinos!

 



Left is a leaf. In the movie, Wash says that he a "I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar". The base is Finger Paints Artist's Impression. The leaf is made up of China Glaze Westside Warrior and Orly It's Not Rocket Science.

The last finger is my Shiny! Kaylee, the ship's mechanic always says that everything is Shiny, as in ok or alright. I used Savvy Chrome for my base with China Glaze Techno and Color Club Platinum Record.

I really liked doing this challenge! I hope you had fun looking at it. Don't forget to check out the other ladies with Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails

4 comments:

  1. Sci-fi nails, I love it! Very creative! Firefly is awesome. I haven't seen Serenity yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You need to see Serenity! It is so awesome!

      Delete
  2. Serenity!!!! a little of the fangirl in me died when firefly was canceled. i saw serenity opening night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.